Monday 23 September 2013

Where am I?

Update: This shot was taken in Guilin, China.

Going off the main tourist track in China is highly recommended.  Get out of the big cities and head to more rural areas for a more authentic experience (not that big cities aren't authentic!).  I thought that Guilin and Yangshou were stunning examples of why we travel, not just the building below but the scenery in the area was spectacular.

***

This shot was taken with a tripod on a Canon 30D.  For photography geeks:

F-stop: f/25
ISO speed: 800
Exposure bias: -1 step
Focal length: 28mm
Flash: none

For all the little details, I find it amazing that I brought my tripod with me all the way there.  This is not an insignifcant distance from Toronto!  I am pleased about the picture though, which came out beautifully.  This is in a country where structures and gardens are often built to emphasize reflections.  I would encourage travelers everywhere to look in water and glass for shots that are a bit more unusual but give an interesting perspective.

I digress though.  Where am I?


1 comment: