Thursday 19 September 2013

Tough Travel Decisions: South Pacific Islands

So many pretty, pretty islands, so little time!

The South Pacific is littered with bits of paradise separated by vast spans of water.  The sand is white as snow, the waters crystal clear, and fish swarm the docks so thickly it seems impossible that they all fit.  On some of the islands you can spend the day walking the perimeter, barely running into another person.  The populations are small, the tourists few, and the opportunity to be lost in a dream is almost guaranteed.

But how to choose?

I can't say I'm an expert.  I've chosen my islands based on circumstance, convenience, and momentary desires.  I'm whimsical and frivolous, and most of the time there's only the bare minimum logic behind my choices.  I understand not everyone is that way though, so I was pleased when an analytical sort took a crack at outlining a methodology for choosing that perfect Pacific paradise.

Apparently Lonely Planet agreed, as you can find it on their website.

Enjoy the article, and best of luck choosing your paradise.  Even with a methodological approach, you'll still be spoiled for options.

1 comment: